Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Tale of Two Sisters

Horror Fanatic Challenge 8# : Favourite Foreign Horror



A Tale of Two Sisters : A Masterpiece of Psychological Horror.

This was a very interesting and creepy movie from Korea. Good story, beautiful visually, and great music too. Perfect, no it had a flaw or two, overall though I thought it was a very good Asian horror movie. 

The tale has these two sisters coming home from what was apparently a stay at a hospital. Upon their arrival they are greeted warmly at first by their stepmother. However, as things move along the stepmother seems to grow more and more hostile to the two sisters, especially the younger one who is more quiet and reserved unlike the older sibling who seems able to take up for herself. 

That is about all I am going to say though as I don't want to give it away, I was somewhat confused on first viewing ( I was 10 y/o ), but after re-watching the movie I pretty much get it now with the exception of the flaws I mentioned. The flaws are probably the scariest bits in the film, but they seem to serve no other purpose to the story except to scare. 

This is one of those few movies that you should not only watch, but want to keep as well (for repeat viewings). So I give my 100% endorsement for it.


Cute Spinning Flower Black