Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Evil Dead 1981

Horror Fanatic Challenge #1 - Your first Horror Movie.



Evil Dead ( 1981 ) - Marvelously putrid. 

This movie is the movie that started me into horror movies. A few nights ago, a couple of friends and myself watched The Evil Dead again. It was like the 100th viewing for me but it still only means one thing to me: PARTY !! Many feeling can occur when watching this delicious masterpiece by Sam Raimi. You can either adore it, be frightened by it or be disgusted by it. But it always leaves a big impression on you and I can't imagine anyone would hate it. 

In my opinion, this is by far the best of the trilogy, and although there could have been more of the chainsaw, this is the definitive zombie film and probably always will be. I feel it succeeds over it's sequels due to it's increased violence and lack of humor in comparison. It's blood, gore, camera work, and shock factor are still formidable even today and are what make this such a cult classic. If you've ever liked any horror film, this is an absolute must-see. ( Ps: If you want to check it out, I will attach a short storyline below and also the trailer. )

Bruce Campbell as Ash, the badass of all zombie films. Campbell is Ash, period, and always will be.

Storyline.
Five friends head to a remote cabin, where the discovery of a Book of the Dead leads them to unwittingly summon up demons living in the nearby woods. The evil presence possesses them until only one is left to fight for survival.

And here's the trailer :

Cute Spinning Flower Black