Sunday, October 23, 2011

Movies I watched recently:

Final Destination 5


Final Destination 5 Poster

Watched it last week! And halfway through the movie I totally regret watching it. I wish they stop producing Final Destination movies. I've watched every single Final Destination movie so how could I skip this one right? But when I watch I get super paranoid and scared -_- This is torturing~

I find John covering his eyes at every gross about-to-get-killed part. Haha. But overall the movie is good lah. And the previous one was more gross than this one. The story had some twist for this one though, so it's not as predictable as the previous ones, although still predictable to some extent. This movie also showed me that any thing could go wrong at a normal situation. So, we all must be more paranoid and careful if not we might harm other people.

Final Destination 1: Airplanes
Final Destination 2: Chain traffic accident
Final Destination 3: Roller coaster accident
Final Destination 4: Racing track accident
Final Destination 5: Suspension bridge collapse


What's next?

The Shrine

The Shrine Poster

The movie has a great twist and entertaining storyline. Had all of the subtleties of a great horror flick and could have done really well. Money was wasted on gore scenes would have been better served on costumes and effects. The shooting location should have actually been Poland because the dialects were unconvincing (and Im not even polish).

I loved the fact that I was really drawn into the story and wanted to know what was going to happen. The acting was good enough for any horror film and I was even impressed by some of the actors especially Carmen (Cindy Sampson).

I applaud that they didn't need subtitles to move the story along. When the film was over, I still felt it was very entertaining and satisfied my horror craving. Just a little low brow with the gore.

Insidious

Insidious Poster

Damn I love this movie!

When I first saw a preview for this movie, I knew it looked like it had potential. It had been a while since I saw a decent scary movie so I was looking forward to it. I went into it expecting some scares but nothing too bad. Wrong. This movie scared me out of my wits.

What I loved about this movie was that it actually tries to scare you, not gross you out. The images are frightening for sure. Insidious doesn't waste any time trying to creep you out. The scares already start with the opening credits. I sure was not expecting this to be one of the scariest movies I've seen but it lives up to that.
To be honest, I don't think I'd have the guts to see it again! DX


"From the creators of Saw and Paranormal Activity" That explains a lot.

Shuttle

Shuttle Poster

OKAY, you could say this movie has flaws. If it was me in that situation, I would have killed the driver the first chance I got. Survival is a fight and to win, you must do things you normally would never do.

I wanted this movie to end well, but once it was over, I see this was not the point. The point was to illustrate what hundreds if not thousands of women face, either real or the threat. As less likely it is to occur in Malaysia as some other countries, this kind of thing happens and it is allowed to happen, because humans are greedy and many men in power are sick twisted souls.

I like this movie for making me aware, in a darker more definitive way than Liam Neeson's save the unrealistic day in Taken ( great action, but would it happen, no :P ). Keep in mind that when a woman is abducted into sexual slavery, she will probably not have a happy ending.

As far as the holes in the film, hey I'm not a critic. The acting was excellent, realistic, gritty. It kept me wanting more, to see what would happen next. It got my heart beating and me begging to see the women survive and kill the driver. This is much more than I could ever hope for in a film :)
Cute Spinning Flower Black